The Platform is an Internet resource with the purpose to connect Companies («Employers») and Сandidates («Talents») with each other. Our main purpose is match the right high-qualified specialist with the most innovated and right Companies.
Every step of the way, our priority is protect the personal data of candidates, any third parties whose information we use.
The operator of the website https://gurusheroes.com and the controller for the use of the personal data of users of this website (according to Article 4 (7) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR, TKG 2003) is EdgeCase Technology GmbH,
Argentinische Allee 20A, 14163 Berlin, Germany
e-mail for contacts: [email protected], tel. +49 (30) 2555-98-78
Amtsgericht Berlin HRB 193946 B / Steuernummer: 29/271/30402 / UST-IdNr.: DE316678614 (in a general sense - "the Platform").
Please feel free to contact us [email protected] or our postal address (Argentinische Allee 20A, 14163 Berlin, Germany).
This Policy was developed on the basis of the legal regulations (the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR, TKG 2003).
By submitting information in our Platform, using our services, you agree to the conditions of this Policy and any other documentation referenced herein. If you have any negatives doubts or do not agree with any conditions of the Policy, you must not access the services and not use this Platform to protect your interests according to legalislation of Germany (European Union as a whole).
Main definitions and Composition of Personal Data
- Personal Data mean any information directly or indirectly relating an identified or identifiable individual.
- Processing of Personal Data means any action (operation) or a set of actions (operations) performed with or without automated facilities to process personal data, including collecting, recording, classifying, compiling, storing, modifying (updating, changing), retrieving, using, forwarding (distributing, providing access), depersonalizing, blocking, deleting, destroying personal data.
- Data Controller means the natural or legal person determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data.
- Data Processor means a natural or legal person, which processes personal data on behalf of the controller.
- Data Subject means person in respect of whom personal data is collected and processed.
The responsible person within the meaning of the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG) is EdgeCase Technology GmbH (https://gurusheroes.com).
When you create account in the Platform, we use data that can be personal (according to provide our service on the Platform).
For the Candidates
If you сreat your profile on the Platform as a candidate, we use the following data, which can be personal:
- First and last name;
- Your current place of residence and relocation information;
- Your date of the birth;
- Information about your professional experience (Qualifications and knowledge) and your career level;
- Language Proficiency;
- Wage expectations;
- E-mail and telephone.
This is not an exhaustive list. Any data is subject to our protection under the law and use in accordance with the law.
IMPORTANT! This data can be transfer to Companies registered on our platform, BUT It can be if Candidate apply for the job or accept a job proposal from the Platform.
For the Companies
If you create your profile on the Platform as a employer (company), we use the following data, which can be personal:
- The name of your Company;
- First and last name of registering person;
- E-mail address, telephone number.
This is not an exhaustive list. Any data is subject to our protection under the law and use in accordance with the law.
When you used your account, you can add some additional data that may be personal (corporate info, photos any descriptions). We will collect information when you sign up for some marketing campaigns, events. Any data is subject to our protection under the law and use in accordance with the law.
Non-personally identifying information is not personal information. We may use non-personally identifying information to operate, analyze and optimize our Platform.
We use Personal data in connection with providing you with the Platform and product, service features:
- To provide the service and other products of the Platform;
- To send related information including confirmations, invoices and any documents required;
- To enforce terms or rights under any agreement (documents) between users (candidates, companies) and the Platform;
- To perform any other action necessary by the Platform in its provision of the Service, interactions with users or any other third party.
This is not an exhaustive list.
Your rights in connection with the provision of data
According to the legislation, you have the right to information about your Personal data. Please send any requests in writing form. In the case of your request for any information that is not made in writing, we should ask proof from that you are the person for whom you are claiming to be, for your safety.
You have rights:
- to obtain full information on his personal data and its processing and free access to personal data;
- to rectification, deletion, restriction of processing, as far as you are legally entitled;
- to object to the processing within the scope of the legal requirements;
- to withdraw your consent at any time. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal;
- to appeal in court against any unlawful actions or omission with respect to the processing and protection of personal data;
- and any other rights according the law.
Information from Third parties sources / Information for Third parties
Your personal data will not be disclosed to third parties. With the exception of you have expressly given your consent or we are obliged to transfer (in the case of official order).
Any Information (which can be personal) that the Platform may obtain from any Third-party sources will be processed the same as all Personal data in accordance with all applicable laws. We have right to add this information with purpose on improve the services we provide to our users/сlients (companies, candidates).
The Legal Basis
We may share your information if (at least one of the following applies):
Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you is party or in order to take steps at the request of your prior to entering into a contract.
Some of the Personal data processed by the Platform is performed on the basis that it is necessary for the performance of agreement between the Platform and you, or in order to take steps at the request of the user prior to entering such an agreement (an example if the Platform sends an interview request to a candidate from an employer (company).
Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Platform.
An example would be where the Platform is required to retain business records for fixed periods in order to comply with local legal requirements.
Also, legitimate interests will include where the Platform sends you marketing about our products and services where such processing is strictly necessary for fraud detection and prevention. The Platform have only facts where an assessment has been performed between interests and rights involved and the necessity of the processing in order to provide services of the Platform, products to yours interest.
You has given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes. Prior to giving consent, the data subject shall be informed thereof. It shall be as easy to withdraw as to give consent;
Important! Where the Platform requires your consent in order to collect and process certain Personal data, we seek your consent at the time of provision, and such processing will only be performed where consent is secured. At any time, you have the right to withdraw your consent.
Data transfer (including the European Union and any other country)
The data are processed in data centers of the Federal Republic of Germany. The data is protected in accordance with special technical requirements. Access to these systems is only provided to a specially authorized persons.
In some cases, we have service providers (third – party). To enable the Platform to perform its service, you agree that the Platform provides necessary information on data processing to tech platforms and service providers in other countries. We let you know that there may be lower requirements on data protection in other countries than in Germany or the European Union. Personal data could be transmitted for the purposes of matching and job placement.
Protection of personal data
When processing personal data, the Platform shall take the necessary legal (including the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG) and of the GDPR), organizational, and technical measures to protect personal data from unauthorized and accidental access, destruction, modification, blocking, submission, dissemination, as well as from other unlawful actions.
To ensure the security of personal data, the Platform, among other things, shall take the following measures:
- Define the threats to personal data security during their processing in personal data information systems;
- Apply organizational and technical measures to ensure the security of personal data during their processing in personal data information systems, as provided in this Policy and by applicable law;
- Assess the effectiveness of the measures taken to ensure personal data security;
- Monitor unauthorized access to personal data and take the necessary measures to prevent such access in the future;
- Establish rules for access to personal data in personal data information systems, and ensure registration of access to personal data in personal data information systems.
If the Platform cooperates with other providers, companies, such as email and server providers, to provide its services, we guarantee their reliability. In this process, each service provider got carefully selected for meeting our standards in terms of technical and organizational data privacy. It can be documented in writing. For that purpose, the Platform may enter into a services agreement with such a person whereby this person will carry out the processing of personal data in strict compliance with the requirements of the applicable laws. The Platform will ensure that a person carrying out the processing of personal data on behalf of the Platform undertakes to comply with the principles of, and the rules on, the processing of personal prescribed by the applicable laws.
We require you to enter a password on the Platform. Please do not disclose your Account password to unauthorized people. You are solely responsible for all actions or disclosures of your data or any access to your data on the Platform. The Platform uses reasonable efforts to safeguard your Personal data.
Modification/Deletion of data
You may change or delete any of Personal data in the Platform (your personal account) by editing your profile. We may retain certain user Personal data indefinitely, unless you delete it or request its deletion. The Platform will retain Personal data for as long as your account is active.
If you would like to delete your personal data, you may do so this on the Platform, but we may retain and use your data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements before. When we delete information, it will be deleted from the active database on the Platform, but may remain in our archives.
Cookies are small text files through which the Platform receives certain information (data). When you use our Platform, cookies are stored on your computer automatically.
We use three type of cookies:
- "transient cookie" - they are automatically deleted if you close your internet browser.
- "session cookies" - they are deleted when you close your internet browser and log out. We use these to recognize your computer.
- "persistent cookies" - they are automatically deleted after a period of time. If you wish you can deleted these at any time in the security settings of your internet browser.
The legal basis of this processing is Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. f) the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR, TKG 2003).
- Only in exceptional cases, the full IP address will be sent to a Google server in the US and truncated there. On behalf of the Platform, Google will use all information to compile reports on the Platform's activity and to provide any other services related to the Platform activity.
- In the case of activation of IP anonymization on our Platform, your IP address will be truncated previously within states of the European Union by Google.
We use Google Analytics with the extension IP anonymization in Google Analytics (_anonymizeIp ()". In this case, IP addresses are truncated and reference to persons can be ruled out. If the data collected about you have a personal reference, this reference and the personal data is deleted immediately. You can configure your internet browser with any settings but you have a risk that you may not be able to use the full range of all functions of our Platform.
Changes to the Policy
We can update this Policy from time to time. We will try to give you prior notice of such updates, but it is ultimately your responsibility to review this Policy. Your continued use of our services (the Platform) will signify your acceptance of such changes. If you do not agree to these changes, you must stop using the Platform immediately.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at [email protected] or please direct written requests to address: EdgeCase Technology GmbH, Argentinische Allee 20A, 14163 Berlin, Germany.